Friday 18 March 2016

Something Blue...A Special Order

Something old,
something new,
something borrowed,
something blue,
and a silver sixpence in her shoe.

So goes the old rhyme detailing what a bride should wear "for luck" on her wedding day.  Although most people would say they don't believe in luck, I still have a large number of brides requesting blue-hued creations for their big day (any of my readers wear something blue for their wedding?)

image bridal garter lace something blue jane eyre i married him bronte navy white cameo quote literature two cheeky monkeys handmade etsy

This week I have been busily working on just such an order from a bride-to-be, a light blue and unadorned version of my literature bridal garter (seen above).  The garter is light blue to fit the wedding rhyme (as well as not show through the wedding dress) and will not be adorned with my usual literature charm or ribbon bows so that it will sit nicely under a form-fitting wedding gown.  And, as usual, I was totally thrilled to be involved in creating something special for such a special occasion.

image bridal garter handmade light blue something blue two cheeky monkeys wedding custom order floral lace

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!