Monday 1 February 2016

Stash Busting Drink Bottle Carriers

So the other week I rashly promised to make the Cheeky Monkeys a little drink bottle carrier each.  It was sparked by end of school holidays nostalgia (am I the only parent who revels in the school holidays lack of routine and chores???) and a long grocery shopping trip where they carried large backpacks simply so they wouldn't have to carry their drink bottles in their hands.

image drink bottle bag carrier tote star wars fabric red spotty fabric

Anyway, I remembered that there was a cute bottle carrier pattern in my Tilda book, Sew Sunny Homestyle and I set to work after the Monkeys chose their fabrics from my stash (this project is easily made with a few fat quarters).  I decided to alter the pattern a little to strengthen the bottle carrier, though this actually added headaches to the bag construction and sizing, and also led to headaches, a lot of unpicking and a lot of head to sewing table banging.

image drink bottle bag carrier tote star wars fabric red spotty fabric

However, I survived the process, and my Monkeys are very happy with their new (slightly wonky) drink bottle bags!  What do you think?  Do you love their fabric choices?  I forgot to take a photo of the lining fabrics, but they both chose (with my help) some sweet fabric which nicely complemented the outer designs.  Perhaps now that I know what I'm doing, I'll have to make one for myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!