Monday 27 October 2014

Girls Off The Streets

Most long term readers of my blog will know that as a Christian who has the privilege of living in a "developed" nation where I can easily access everything I need or want, I feel very strongly about giving back some of my handmade business profits to those in need.  I am definitely not a superhero; I do it because of God's call to help the needy and downtrodden.  And I blog about it to thank all of my supporters and customers for helping me to help others.  (And hopefully you will be spurred on to find aid organisations and charities you can help out too.)


This year I have decided to suport the Girls Off The Streets project being run by SIM Australia.  This project seeks to protect, care for and rehabilitate girls who have been rescued from trafficking and sex slavery in India and Bangladesh.  As a mother of young daughters, and as a female who grew up in a very safe environment, I am horrified at the traumas inflicted on these poor girls, some barely older than my own children.  My hope in supporting this aid project is that in my own small way, I can help to put a stop to this vile trade and help those caught up in it to escape and learn to lead a safe and normal life which so many of us take for granted.
So thank you again to all of you out there who so loyally support Two Cheeky Monkeys and Domum Vindemia and in so doing, also help those who are in dire need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!