Friday 31 January 2014

Happy Chinese New Year!

image woodblock print printed pillow cushion horse purple

Today I am wishing you all a very happy Chinese new year!  It is the year of the horse, which means that for all those of you who turn a multiple of 12, it's your year.  I don't hold to all the superstitions attached to what each year's animal is meant to represent for one's personality, but being Chinese, I always have fun celebrating with my family and friends.  This year the Two Cheeky Monkeys family is holding a little dinner just for family members and a few friends who don't have family in Australia.  And our church is hosting what will hopefully be a large Chinese new year party for everyone, not just the Chinese church members!  The church dinner always gives everyone a bit of a giggle because there is always someone who brings along something like a "Chinese jelly slice" or "Chinese meat pies" because that is the food they can cook and there's no way they're going to try and cook Chinese food for Chinese people, he he he.  So let me ask you, what is your favourite Chinese meal to cook, eat out at a restaurant or order from your local takeaway?

(Image source: Laura Frisk)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!