Monday 6 January 2014

Felt Fun DIY - Needle Felting Kits

Before I launch into today's post, I want to ask you all: how is everyone surviving the southern hemisphere school holidays and the northern hemisphere Christmas/new year break?  Things have been pretty crazy chez Two Cheeky Monkeys, especially as we all fell ill care of our hectic schedule.  But, now that we are slowly on the mend, our original plan to spend the summer holidays day tripping and crafting is back on!

image daiso needle felting kit


I have been wanting to try needle felting for some time now, but wasn't sure that I wanted to invest in a full kit (wool roving, needle, foam mat, etc) for a creative technique the Cheeky Monkeys and I may not take to.  I know that I may seem to be a "jack of all crafts", as it were, but sometimes I try a creative endeavour and decide that it is just not for me.  So, when I saw some cheapie felting kits at our local Daiso store, the Monkeys and I decided to give needle felting a go (see above).

image diy needle felting kit tutorial owl

For those of you who already love needle felting and are looking for some better quality kits than my discount store finds, there are an amazing assortment of kits to be found online, including these which I found on Etsy!  If you are a keen needle felter, I'd love to know your hints, tips and any links to great tutorials or supply stores, please.  :)

image diy needle felting kit toadstool mushroom tutorial

image diy needle felting kit penguins tutorial

image diy needle felting kit mouse mice tutorial

1 comment:

  1. I bought one of the Japanese needle felting kits at my local Japanese bookstore. I got a parakeet. I haven't tried it yet though because the instructions are in Japanese!

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!