Monday 2 December 2013

My Re-Usable Advent Calendar

I love the idea of advent calendars, but have always scorned the commercial ones filled with chocolate and pictures of Santa and snowmen because they neither represented the real meaning of Christmas nor Christmas in Australia.  So I toyed with the idea of making my own advent calendar for a few years before finally mustering up enough motivation to do it this year.

image advent calendar nativity jesus christas shepherds wise men mary joseph kaisercraft navy blue silver black

My calendar was made using a Kaisercraft kit, which I struggled immensely to put together (having to slot together lots of small, thin pieces of MDF is really NOT my thing).  However, I managed to hash together a slightly wonky advent calendar which I decorated with a blue, black and silver colour scheme, yuzen paper from Daiso and a nativity set from Koorong.  Each little drawer contains an ornament for our Christmas tree and a Christmas-related Bible verse for the little Cheeky Monkeys to look up.  The little Monkeys are thrilled with the way their advent calendar looks (wonky bits and all), and I hope they enjoy opening each little drawer in the lead up to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!