Monday 7 October 2013

Fair Trade Souvenirs

image community projects worldwide fair trade telephone wire basket kisii stone hearts blue turqouise aqua

With the two cheeky monkeys back at school today, I have had to well and truly come to terms with the fact that my long awaited holiday is now very much in the past.  However, I have been enjoying myself going through our holiday happy snaps and editing the interesting ones for our online album.  We also have several souvenirs to remind us of our roadtrip, including these beauties from Community Projects Worldwide.  This store, which has outlets in Eumundi and Port Macquarie, sells handmade goods sourced from disadvantaged communities and individual artists, most of whom are based in Africa or South America.  I fell in love with the woven telephone wire baskets while the cheeky monkeys adored the kisii stone hearts on sight!  My new basket is now proudly sitting on one of my craft shelves waiting to hold whatever crafty supplies I decide to put into it.  The two kisii stone hearts are in the middle of being varnished so that their beautiful appearance will survive the harsh conditions of living in the monkeys' "fairy garden" (my herb garden).  And for those of you who don't live anywhere near the brick and mortar store locations, follow the link above to find CPW's online store!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!