Friday 13 September 2013

Vintage Beauties Revived

image pansies dessert pedestal stand domum vindemia handpainted plate yellow purple vintage hand painted

There has been a flurry of cupcake stand-making in the Two Cheeky Monkeys household of late because I have been ignoring my gorgeous vintage crockery for far too long and because Monkey #1 has asked me to make a cupcake stand for each of the guests attending her upcoming birthday party.

image cupcake stand aynsley vintage teaplate maroon burgundy yellow triangle gold floral domum vindemia

I am especially enjoying making this current batch of new cupcake stands because I managed to source an amazing selection of vintage, hand painted plates for Domum Vindemia (as well as vintage, commercially-made plates).  For someone who doesn't paint or draw very well, I am always blown away by the beautiful designs others have painted.  Many of the plates I rescue also bear the original artist's signature (and often a date too) on the underside, adding some extra interest and "back story" to my delightful finds.  Do you love vintage, handpainted plates, or are you more a fan of contemporary designs?

image forget me not hand painted handpainted domum vindemia cake stand dessert blue hearts wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!