Thursday 22 August 2013

Mr Darcy's Proposal

image mr darcy proposal elizabeth bennet locket necklace gold ivory cream glass pearl

During the last few weeks I have been working on a special custom order and I can finally reveal my romantic creation.  I was contacted by a groom who had seen this Pride and Prejudice locket necklace and wanted a similar one to give to his bride-to-be as a wedding present.  He asked for a gold-plated finish for the necklace as well as a light-coloured pearl.  But most importantly of all, he really wanted the snippet of text in the locket to be taken from Mr Darcy's first (and rather disastrous!) proposal to Elizabeth Bennet.

image mr darcy proposal elizabeth bennet locket necklace gold ivory cream glass pearl

The romantic in me was absolutely touched by this excited groom's jewellery order (though I did have a little giggle at his text request) and I have had a lot of fun working on this piece.  The statement necklace is now winging its way to its new owner and I hope that she will cherish it as a memento of her husband-to-be's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!