Friday 14 June 2013

Literature-Themed Weddings

image two cheeky monkeys jane eyre brooch bouquet pin charlotte bronte pink

I don't know about you, but I really love weddings and have had a lot of fun attending the weddings of various friends and family members (and my own, of course).  And now that I sell my handmade creations, I am getting a lot of vicarious enjoyment from the many brides-to-be who purchase items from Two Cheeky Monkeys.  A recent trend I have noticed is for couples to theme their weddings based on classic literature.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, and it's certainly less campy than having, say, a Star Trek-themed wedding!

image mr darcy brooch bouquet pin bridal wedding two cheeky monkeys puprle pearl

And with the apparent rise in literature-themed weddings, I am finding more and more brides purchasing items from my literary range or enquiring about bespoke literature creations.  I've had brides purchase brooches (such as the Jane Eyre brooch above) to use as an embellishment for bridal bouquets.  The Mr Darcy brooch above was purchased by a bride who wanted to attach it to her simple pearl bracelet.

image alice in wonderland lewis carroll brooch bouquet pin bridal wedding drink me red two cheeky monkeys jewellery

The "drink me" brooch was purchased by a bride-to-be for her Alice in Wonderland-themed wedding (her wedding cake was iced with the words "cut me") and worn attached to the sash of her gorgeous wedding gown.  And other members of the family entered the literary spirit too with the mother of the groom sporting one of my Mr Darcy brooches!

image mr darcy brooch bouquet pin ivory glass pearl silver jane austen pride and prejudice

Most recently I had a bride-to-be, who is an English teacher, commission a brooch to use as a bouquet pin for her bridal bouquet (I still can't get over how common it is to adorn bouquets with brooches).  It was so lovely to send emails back and forth with her and hear a little about her story and her wedding plans; I just love being able to be a part of someone's special day!  So let me ask you, if you were to have a literary theme for your wedding (or if you did), which book would you pick?  Would you go for the classics, or are you more into modern literature?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!