Wednesday 16 November 2011

My Creative Space


If you're a regular reader of this blog you'll know how much I love making flowers and adding them to my various creations.  I have admired zipper flowers for a while now but haven't really had the time to experiment with making my own or hunt for a simple DIY tutorial.  So when I found this zipper flower tutorial the other week, I decided to get creating with a few old zips I found at my local op shop.


I really love the turquoise blue flower and have since attached it to a plain headband so that I can look glam (or attempt to) while keeping my hair out of my face.  The cheeky monkeys snapped up the pink flower to add to a headband which they are sharing with each other and I have been asked if I could please, please, please make another flower so that they can have two zipper flower headbands to mix and match!
I am quite addicted to making these funky zipper flowers, but I would suggest using a good quality fabric glue instead of the hot glue gun recommended in the tutorial (although I did get glue all over my fingers).  I'm thinking that I will turn some zipper flowers into ornaments for our Christmas tree and these flowers would probably make great brooches too.  So what's in your creative space this week?

1 comment:

  1. I've looked at that zipper flower tute too Deb... thanks for the tip on the fabric glue and not the hot glue gun (they're not always as successful as hot glue guns should be!)

    Creatively I'm not up to much this week. I've all but abandoned my 52 Earrings Project (work / school is just far too hectic this time of year, plus my neck is out again so I've been suffering from some pretty intense headaches.)

    I have been researching photography jewellery though. Since I picked up my camera again late last year, I've been wanting to incorporate my photos into my jewellery making. Still some more looking around to do before I finally decide (although I'm at about 98% certain now!!)

    You have a great week Deb!
    Cheers,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!