Friday 14 October 2011

Before and After - Picture Frames


The cheeky monkeys have been eager to decorate their bedroom walls, so during the recent school holidays, we tackled a project which I had been interested in trying out for some time.  I found the project years ago at Living Creatively, which unfortunately, no longer exists (at least not in a format that I can find).  I love this little project because I'm fascinated by silhouette art and I studied French in high school (and amazingly could translate most of the text used in the artwork!)  The monkeys were eager to try it out because it involved painting, cutting and gluing, ha ha ha.


Of course, me being me, I made the project harder by deciding that, instead of just buying suitable picture frames from a store, we would repurpose old, unwanted picture frames from our local op shop (hence the "before and after" in the post title).  Both girls wanted their frames to be pink (of course...sigh) so that's the colour that we painted onto the old frames.  Although I spray painted the undercoat onto the frames, I foolishly let the girls paint the rest by hand rather than going out and buying a can of pink spray paint.  So, turning our old, brown frames into new, pink ones took the better part of a day with all the drying time required between coats.  I know better for next time!  The girls are really pleased with how their artworks turned out and I know they will have pride of place on their walls. 

1 comment:

  1. that is a great idea!!! :D i was thinking of doing something like this for my wedding!shope you can check our my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting a great giveaway by the amazing Haute Totes!xo

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!