Monday 16 May 2011

Doily Inspirations

It's no secret that I adore vintage doilies (both the crocheted and embroidered linen kind).  But what does one do with a large collection of doilies other than covering every available flat surface?  Well, here is a list of ideas that should keep you busily creating for some time!

Doilies are great for embellishing plain tops, totes or even a dress.

I have been having fun making fabulously feminine doily buntings for my Madeit and Etsy stores.

Making a doily bowl has been on my "to do" list for a while!  See here for a straight forward tutorial.

These doily lanterns by Glamour Grace are just GORGEOUS!

I'm not sure I'll be able to resist making my own doily scarf!!!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love them too!


    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom used to make doilies! i put them on the shoulders of tshirts/blouses! :)Hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting a very cute giveaway! XO :)

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!