Friday 15 April 2011

Feature Friday - Inspired Wish

For the feature Friday post this week, we welcome Jeanie of Inspired Wish, a fellow Aussie and Madeit seller.  Her store boasts a range of colourful and funky creations to catch your eye - are you ready to find out more?!





Tell us a bit about yourself.
Hi, I'm Jeanie and I live in Geelong with my husband and our two turtles Aristotle and Gertrude. I relocated from Queensland almost three years ago.  Although it gets a bit cold here, I love the life style change. I'm a full time Receptionist.  I'm the only Admin person supporting 20 Engineers and Surveyors.  My day job keeps me busy and a little stressed.  My hobby is the stuff I do outside work that helps me unwind, and fulfils my creative and accessorising desires.

Describe yourself in five words.
Easy-going, positive, purposeful, perfectionist, chocoholic.


When and how did you first start crafting/creating?
I've always been crafty but didn't think of myself as a creative artist until recently.  My passion for jewellery making was sparked early 2010.  I'd been feeling dowdy and dull and wasn't sure how to turn that around.  I thought a new hair style might help so I set out on a mission by googling face shapes and hair styles.  I stumbled across a blog for an Image Consultant.  I found the answers I was looking for!  I met with Imogen Lamport who helped me discover my personality style and colours.

What do you create and what are your favourite materials with which to work?
I create modern jewellery with the aim of inspiring women to feel fabulous.  I love to work with resin and sterling silver.  I also adore colourful beads.  I'm planning to work more with gemstones soon.  Colour plays a large part in my pieces.  I love achieving an original look by colouring metal (copper/brass) with patina.  I have some ideas for a few sterling silver pieces.  I'm sure somehow they'll end up with a hint of colour, I can't help myself.

 
When and how did you start selling online?
When someone first suggested that I should sell my work online I thought that was outrageous.  After several prompts it didn't seem so ridiculous and I looked into it.  I decided to go with an Australian site to be amongst fellow Aussie creators and set up shop on Madeit.  I launched Inspired Wish on 3rd July 2010.
If someone had told me in just 10 months I'd be working with a graphic designer, developing a jewellery line, taking custom orders, and wishing this was my full time job, I'd have laughed out loud.  I've never been busier or happier.  There's a lot of work that goes in hand with creating and selling your jewellery online, but its also deeply satisfying.

Describe your store in five words.
Contemporary, fun, colourful, modern, fabulous. 


Who or what are the influences behind your creations?
I'm influenced by a lot of things. I'm influenced by a need to create pieces that compliment my wardrobe.  I'm often inspired after visiting a gallery or garden nursery that has interesting sculptures.  A huge metal contraption or water feature can spark an idea for a pendant or earrings. A lot of my pieces are created because I had an urge to learn a new technique.

Where can we find you online?

3 comments:

  1. Oh what an amazing ring! I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I am amazed by both the designs and the great photographs! Plus, got to love the pet turtles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the heart pendant is cool!

    I love unique :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    <><
    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!