Wednesday 23 March 2011

Another Post About Headbands...

I have no idea why, but I seem to have spent the last several months honing my sewing skills rather than working on my usual beaded and cabochon jewellery or vintage dictionary art print projects.  I suspect that this is negatively impacting on my online stores, but it has been nice to focus on something else for a change.


So as you have probably worked out from the title, today's post is about headbands.  Actually, just one headband, because this one had been a WIP sitting on my craft desk for weeks before I finally got round to finishing it and I haven't had a chance to make any more...oops.  I made this headband for Miss 5 (which she is planning to wear to school as red is one of her school's colours) although I have reservations about her wearing such a large accessory to school, it might poke someone in the eye!

Miss 3 modelling the headband since Miss 5 had a sudden bout of camera shyness, LOL.

I got the idea for the fabric flower from an old issue of the Spotlight craft magazine, Get Creative, but I am sure someone must have a tutorial for it on their blog somewhere.  If you really can't find a tutorial, just let me know and I'll try and whip one up!

1 comment:

  1. The headband and Miss 3 are both adorable. I think you should for sure make more..headbands that is..or children if you wish..okay I am going now ha ha :) Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!