Friday 8 October 2010

Pride and Prejudice Sneak Peeks!

I recently found a rather battered, vintage copy of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice for sale at the open day of a local historical site and snapped it up knowing that it would be very useful in my crafting endeavours.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, although it was tempting to keep the little tome as it was on my bookshelf.  I decided to try something a little different from the other creations in my stores and have used snippets of text from the book to create Jane Austen-inspired jewellery.
I haven't created many pieces yet, with only the "Dramatic Mr Darcy" brooch being sold at the moment.  But here is a sneak peek of three pieces which are currently still in the "works in progress" stage.  I would love to know what you think: which pieces do you like more, which Pride and Prejudice characters would you like to see encapsulated in jewellery, if you bought a piece like this, who would you give it to?  My list of questions could go on and on, but I think you get the idea.   ;)

This vintage-style double-sided mirror is going to become the focal pendant for a long necklace.

This cameo will be decorated with a beaded dangle and turned into a brooch.  I am considering using a similar cameo to this one as a focal point for a beaded necklace but am not sure how popular that would be.

This cameo will eventually be turned into a brooch; I will probably add a beaded dangle to the bottom to add some extra interest to the overall look.

3 comments:

  1. For works in progress, these are gorgeous pieces! I very much look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cool! I would prbably hand it on my wall rather than give it away. In my office I ahve little things from all over etsyland...then I can see them.

    Have a wonderful day!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb.... very cool brooches, I'm sure they'll be a hit!

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!