Friday 2 July 2010

Feature Friday - Hundreds of Buttons


This week's featured artist is Liz of Hundreds of Buttons.  Liz is a fellow Aussie and DUST member who, as you will soon see, creates some very colourful and cute works!  The photo is of Liz (in the middle) with two other lovely DUST members, Del (of Delicious Designz and Get SPOONED) and Samara (of Maddabling) at a recent get together.

Tell us a little about yourself.
I live in Echuca, Victoria, a pleasant tourist destination on the Murray River.  I have recently finished full time primary school teaching and now work "on call" between trips and holidays!


Describe yourself in 5 words.
5 words which have been used to describe me are: calm, thoughtful, frugal, level headed.

When and how did you first start crafting/creating?
About 2 years ago friends had a go at making a button necklace, and on a weekend away, showed how it was done.  I just kept on fiddling with buttons as something to keep me occupied while football or cricket were on TV.  It's surprising how many bracelets can be made during a test match!  Button necklaces filled the lounge so to clear them I set up my online etsy and madeit shops.  Button flowers began as a sideline and they have been quite popular sellers I resist using anything other than buttons but occasionally I will add materials for effect.


And since you have managed to answer my next two questions as well, he he, let's move on to five words which describe your store.
Buttons, intriguing, surprising, handmade, fun.

Where can we find you online?
Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/hundredsofbuttons
Madeit: http://www.madeit.com.au/hundredsofbuttons
Website: http://www.hundredsofbuttons.com/
You can also find Hundreds of Buttons on Flickr and Picasa.

1 comment:

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!