Monday 12 July 2010

The Art/Craft Exchange Project

I was recently invited to join an art and craft exchange by a fellow DUST member and was really taken by the idea because I love to create and tailor items specifically for a person and because it is fun sending gifts to people!  The surprises I have received in the mail so far are gorgeous and will definitely be getting lots of use.

 
Robyn of River Gum Jewellery created this amazing long necklace for me.  My photo really doesn't do it any justice and my attempts at a self-portrait while wearing the necklace were abysmal.  It has an eye-catching focal lampwork bead and pretty amethyst and jade beads, both of which are among my favourite gemstones!


Nelly of Paisley Pathways sent me a cute little pouch made from lovely red, black and white floral fabric (how did she know that red is one of my favourite colours?)  This pouch is a great size for carrying cosmetics or hair accessories and will be very useful when I travel (travelling with two daughters makes for lots of lip gloss, hair clips and hair ties to be packed).
For those of you who are wondering what I created, you can find some photos of my creations on the lovely Helena's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb, Thanks for your lovely words about the necklace. I also have really enjoyed being part of the art/exchange project. I feel like I have connected with you even though we have only communicated online. It's great to belong to the wider creative community. So many amazing people out there!!!!!
    Thanks again,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!