Friday 30 April 2010

Feature Friday - Lizzies Lovelies

Our featured artist for today is Lizzie who runs the absolutely cute Lizzies Lovelies.  Lizzie is a fellow CAST member and makes adorable bows in a range of styles to suit any little girl!


Tell us about yourself.
I live outside of Dayton, Ohio in a small town. It is the town that I lived in from Kindergarten till sixth grade so it was kind of like moving home when my husband and I moved here. I am a full time Mommy to a two-year-old little boy. I started making hairbows for my first niece and my god-daughter. I also do other crafts such as cross stitch and sewing....I hope to incorporate some of these items into my store at some point.

Describe yourself in 5 words.
Christian, teacher, mommy, wife, friend.

When and how did you first start crafting/creating?
My mum taught me to do counted cross stitch as a very young child.



What do you create and what are your favourite materials with which to work?
I work mostly with ribbon for my bows.  I just like to combine different colours and add special touches to each bow.  I also get ideas from friends and customers.  My plastic blocks started because my husband's aunt had made them for them as kids and my nephew wanted one...this Christmas maybe I will make one for myself!  I also did the name blocks and alphabet blocks because of my niece, nephew and god-daughter.

When and how did you start selling online?
My sister-in-law and friends encouraged me to start selling my bows online.


Describe your store in 5 words.
Colourful, creative...I am sorry, I can't think of any others at this time.  (Deb: I would say cute, adorable, pretty and decorative). 

Where can we find you online? 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely to get to know Lizzie better - she makes such pretty bows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie, I love your bows. I make hairbows for my two little girls, but yours are WAY cuter!

    Katie
    (TheStubbyElephant)

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!