Friday 10 June 2016

Cucpake stands and faux macarons

image maura cupcake stand pink floral botanical stand jewellery holder jewelry domum vindemia upcycled handmade
 
In recent months I have been busily working on product photography for Domum Vindemia, and one major change I wanted to work on was styling the cupcake and dessert stands to give an idea of their size and purpose.  My biggest problem?  I didn't really want to style my cake stands with real food, as some do, because I didn't want to have to wash EVERY SINGLE STAND after a photography session, and I didn't want customers to feel like their purchases had been pre-used as such.

image cupcake stand hand painted bottlebrush stand jewellery holder jewelry domum vindemia upcycled handmade

So, spying my Monkeys' stash of felt faux foods that I had made for them when they were very little (and which they still occasionally play with!), I decided to go with a little faux food styling for my cupcake stands!  I know it's not quite as luscious-looking styling a cake stand with faux food, but I absolutely adore these faux macarons and feel much happier with my new product photos already!  Do you like to see an item styled in use before you purchase it, or would you prefer to know that your purchase is untouched, unused and ready to head to your home?

image cupcake stand gold leaf stand jewellery holder jewelry domum vindemia upcycled handmade

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!