Friday 17 July 2015

Voltron: A Little Creative Fun "Outside The Box"

I know that many of my lovely readers have been fans of my literature jewellery range since it was first introduced back in 2010.  And since then, I have also had variations of these designs commissioned by customers who wanted something a little different, perhaps a different novel, character name or quote.  Today I am sharing two custom necklaces (and a surprise magnet set) which take the variations a step further away from the original design and totally captivated me in the process - two Voltron-inspired pieces.

image custom order by two cheeky monkeys voltron fan art keith and allura pocketwatch necklace locket necklace bronze silver domum vindemia magnet set

For those not in the know, Voltron is an outer space-themed animated TV series which first aired back in the mid-1980s.  I remember watching several episodes as a small child (I was a big fan of Battle of the Planets back then) but I don't really know the full storyline.  Anyway, a sweet Twitter friend, who is a HUGE fangirl of all things Voltron (find the fan site here), asked me to create locket and pocketwatch necklaces for her, using commissioned Voltron artwork.  I had so much fun insetting copies of her beautiful artworks into the necklaces, and am extremely pleased with the results.  So what do you think?  Would you wear your favourite TV characters in your jewellery?  And who would you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!