Thursday 25 September 2014

Things I Never Thought I Would Say...

Well, the first week of school holidays are almost over here at Two Cheeky Monkeys HQ, and it has been a BUSY one (despite all my attempts to have a peaceful, restful week).  So in the spirit of school holidays and children's antics, I thought I would write down some of the things I, or my friends, have uttered which we never thought we would have to say as parents.


1. "Don't horsey ride on the baby!!!" - This was exclaimed at oldest Monkey when she was 2.5 years old and decided that her 6 month old baby sister made for a good horse substitute.



2. "Those are not pyjamas, you cannot wear them to bed." - Uttered remarkably frequently at both Cheeky Monkeys as they try to wear tutus, school uniforms, or an assortment of other highly inappropriate regular clothes to bed.


3. "Don't stick your sister's head in the sand!" - This one was moaned in horror by a fellow school mum (and yes, the rest of us were relieved it wasn't our oldest smushing our youngest into the school sandpit).


4. "Don't wrestle your sister while you're both hanging off the monkeybars!" - The first part of this sentence didn't surprise me too much; it was the second part that was the killer.


5. "No, you may not use the empty ginger beer bottle to make yourself a jet pack." - Actually, I don't know why this one surprised me at the time, it is totally in keeping with my children's inventive and quirky natures.

Have you ever been surprised by the phrase you uttered to your kids, grandkids or nieces/nephews?  Do share!

Photo sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!