Friday 7 March 2014

Cinnamon Scrolls, Healthy Style

image recipe cinnamon scrolls roll low fat wholemeal whole wheat no yeast

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this on the blog before, but since having the Two Cheeky Monkeys, I have been struggling to lose all the baby weight I put on (which is more than the weight I worked so hard to lose before having kids).  I know it's good for women to have a certain amount of fat, but it's frustrating when your beautiful pre-baby clothes don't fit any more and you struggle just to make it up a flight of stairs!
So anyway, due to my conscious effort to take better care of myself through exercise and eating well, I am always happy to find healthier versions of favourite recipes.  This cinnamon scroll recipe over at girl who bakes is one such recipe.  It's not as delightfully scrumptious as the usual scroll you would purchase from the bakery, and I still wouldn't bake them every week, but I am still loving this recipe for its simplicity and use of more healthy ingredients.  Does anyone else have low fat or "healthy" versions of decadent recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!