Wednesday 11 September 2013

My Creative Space

image doily art shabby chic embroidered vintage doily cotton embroidery wall art framed red green pink

When I got a little obssessed with adding embroidery to vintage doilies earlier in the year, I worked up a fun Wild Olive pattern onto a beautiful, but relatively plain cotton doily.  This poor doily sat around for quite a while before I decided to frame it and turn it into a piece of shabby chic art for my home.  I had a lot of fun stitching up Mollie's whimsical design (check out her blog for more sweet embroidery patterns) and I love the combination of the vintage doily and its original embroidery with the new embroidery pattern.  For those of you wanting to know how to make something similar for your home, keep watching the blog, I'll be sharing a DIY in a week or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!