Monday 19 August 2013

My Creative Space - An Embroidered Crochet Hook Roll

image embroidered crochet hook roll vintage doily navy blue crinoline lady gentle art of stitching

Today's blog post continues with my love of crocheting, although the post is not about crocheting!  Several years ago, I made a storage roll for my jewellery pliers.  I love this roll so much, and it has helped to improve my tidiness and organisation.  So with lots of crochet hooks rolling around various tabletops in my home, I decided it was high time I made a storage roll for them.

image embroidered crochet hook roll vintage doily navy blue cream

The design of this storage roll is similar to the other one, with the exception that I predominantly used felt for this project.  This meant a few alterations were needed to my general pattern, but I am pretty happy with the result.  My favourite part has to be the outside of the roll, which I embellished with a vintage embroidered doily.  The borders of orange and blue flowers were part of the original doily design, which I added to by embroidering a crinoline lady adapted from a pattern in Jane Brocket's The Gentle Art of Stitching.  The helpful, but slightly annoying, part of having all my crochet hooks in one place?  I've discovered that I am missing one hook, which also happens to be one of my favourite sizes to use, oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!