Tuesday 5 March 2013

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to upcycle I go!

image handpunched shapes scalloped circle atlas victoria melbourne australia broome hobart tasmania
 
Yes, I have been busily upcycling pre-loved items this week in the hopes of turning them into desirable pretties for my Two Cheeky Monkeys and Domum Vindemia stores!  This week has seen me cutting up vintage atlases and sheet music to create hand-punched scrapbooking shapes (I currently have scalloped circles, hearts, squares and ovals) as well as cutting up very battered copies of classic books Jane Eyre and, of course, Pride and Prejudice.
 
image jane eyre brooches brass brown glass pearl pink white charlotte bronte jewellery accessories two cheeky monkeys
 
Although I still cringe every time I have to cut into a book (hands up who was taught the adage, "Books are our friends, treat them well."), I have had a lot of fun with my creating this week.  And I'm also about to start cutting up vintage zippers to turn them into zipper flower brooches for the fundraising craft stall at my monkeys' upcoming school fete.  Have you been doing any upcycling this week?  Or do you love vintage items too much to turn them into something else?
 
mage handpunched shapes scalloped oval sheet music vintage domum vindemia organ



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!