Wednesday 24 October 2012

My Creative Space

image baked chocolate cheesecake

As with last week, there hasn't been much Two Cheeky Monkeys or Domum Vindemia creating this week, especially now that my sewing machine has been sent for a long overdue service.  Instead, I have spent my week making things for the various members of the Two Cheeky Monkeys family.  Firstly, I made a baked chocolate cheesecake to help Mr Cheeky Monkeys celebrate his birthday.  Like all the cakes I make, this one was not particularly pretty, but it was pretty delicious, tempting even the cheesecake-despising little cheeky monkeys to give it a try.

image doily apron skirt yellow white purple bow poetica serenad moon light art gallery fabrics rhapsodia mystic aura fields patricia bravo

I also finally had time to make some skirts for the cheeky monkeys, even though my sewing machine was having little hissy fits and demanding that she be sent for a servicing.  The monkeys chose all of the fabrics themselves, though there was a slight hiccup with our fabric order, which turned out to be fortuitous in the end (long story short, we ended up receiving the purple Poetica fabric for free, allowing me to use it as an accent waistband).

image doily apron bow skirt poetica fabric sweet melody aqua art gallery serenade moon light purple

I was left with the task of designing and creating the skirts, which, though the design looks fairly straightforward, took me a while to wrap my head around the "how to" part!  I have to say that, although I am normally very nervous about mixing and matching different fabric prints, I am really pleased with the final results and the cheeky moneys are pretty ecstatic with their new "apron" skirts.  So what have you been making this week?  Have you been madly creating for others, or have you been working on stocking up your online (or B+M) store for the Christmas shopping rush?

3 comments:

  1. The skirts look cute. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that cake! YUM! Looks amazing. Love the doilies on the skirts - such a cute addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirts are lovely, and that cake looks yummy - I love cheesecake:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!