Monday 22 October 2012

A little salad in my garden

image coral lettuce salad garden

I love growing edibles such as herbs and vegetables in my garden (actually, I love having Mr Cheeky Monkeys growing edibles in our garden...) and I get a real thrill from harvesting something we've grown to add to our lunch or dinner.  So I was highly amused when I discovered that last year's lettuces had self-sown not only around the herb garden, but also in the middle of the rather inhospitable bark-covered area where my children ride their bikes and play.  This little clump of coral lettuces is just one such group of interlopers, but I don't mind, I'm just happy to have lettuces growing in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!