Tuesday 5 June 2012

Creating For Oneself

image vintage doily scarf hand dyed purple teal turquoise lime green mauve blue

"I don't often make things for myself, I'm always creating for my store or for friends and family." is a statement I often hear from my creative friends.  It's a trap that I sometimes fall into, although I have been rectifying that quite frequently of late!  But this latest creation has been a long time in the coming.  Although I've been selling vintage doily scarves in my Domum Vindemia stores for about a year now, I haven't made one for myself until this week.  Now that the winter weather is here to stay in Melbourne, I thought that I really needed something to "lift" my usually dark and/or winter-palette wardrobe.
So here I am attempting to model my new scarf while taking a self-portrait, pitiful, right?  LOL.  I am really loving the combination of purples, lime green and turquoises/teals this year and this scarf should match most of my outfits (with the exception of my red outfits).  I haven't got a name for my scarf yet, but am thinking something along the lines of "Vineyard" or "Evening Jewels".  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! It's the first time I see a scarf like that! Very beautiful! I now follow your blog!
    I read that you studied molecular biology, I study physics in the University of Athens, Greece and in my free time do some crafting! Glad I found your blog
    Have a nice day,
    Angeliki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for making something for yourself ~ it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Deb, what a great way to use doileys. Love the colours and definitely scarf weather at the moment.
    So nice to finally make something for yourself.......great job.

    CLaire :}

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!