Wednesday 29 February 2012

Very Pink, Very Girly Skirts

image girl's skirt pink kawaii white lace

I know I said in my last post about my skirt sewing attempts that I was going to try sewing some ruffled chiffon skirts for my cheeky monkeys.  Well, that plan changed when the monkeys and I saw some extremely pink and extremely cutesy fabric online.  There were three different, and complementary, fabrics we liked so I decided to make a skirt with stripes of alternating fabric patterns.  Easy, right?  Wrong!  When it's me, there's always something that goes wrong with sewing projects, LOL.

image girl's skirt pink kawaii blue lace

I might have forgotten to double check the size of the fabric I purchased (some were fat quarters whilst others were slightly larger or smaller) so while the skirts are "striped", the stripes of each different fabric are slightly different in width...oops!  And do you see the lace trim at the bottom of the skirts?  I added them on at the last minute because I'd made the skirts just a little bit too short for my rapidly growing daughters.  Anyway, after all of those little hiccups, my monkeys got the girly, pink skirts they were after and they're both very pleased with the results.  And just between you and me, I'm rather pleased with my efforts, wonky seams and all.   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!