Okay, this will probably be my last bunting post for a while...I think, he he he! Surprising as it may seem, the bunting that I promised to sew for the two cheeky monkeys (see here) is finally finished. I think I made the project much harder for myself by agreeing to adorn the bunting flags with various laces, ribbons and applique shapes but I am a bit of a sucker when it comes to my kids' crafty requests. Deciding to use ribbon instead of bias tape for the bunting tape was also not a good call - live and learn!
The girls chose the fabric for the buntings themselves and I have to say that I'm quite surprised that they actually match quite well. They were all for rummaging through my lace and ribbon supplies too, but I thought it was safer for me to just pull out the trims which matched their fabric choices.
My favourite part of the buntings is the vintage sari silk scraps I used to decorate several of the flags. These strips of fabric are among my favourite trims to use in spite of the difficulties involved in using them (and by difficulties, I mean the need to iron and stop edges from fraying, LOL). Anyway, the girls love their new bunting and I think they are planning to pull them out every time we have a birthday party! And hopefully any bunting I sew in the near future will be doily creations for my homewares store. :)