Friday 29 April 2011

What's New Instore - Ribbons, Pearls and Bows

margarita necklace swarovski crystal pearl cream teal ribbon bridal wedding jewellery jewelry 

Today I am showing off a "new" range of necklaces which I have been working on over the past week.  Actually, this is not techinically a new range of necklaces since the basic design style has been available in both my Etsy and Madeit stores for over a year now.  But it wasn't until I was recently commissioned to make three Margarita necklaces for a bridal party (see above) that I was prompted to expand my colour range and also to play with the design a little.

margarita baroque necklace cream glass pearls burgundy ribbon weddings bridal feminine bow 

One of the design variations I am adding to my store is a Margarita necklace with a ribbon bow added to one side of the chain of beads, giving the necklace a feminine and asymmetrical look.

turquoise margarita necklace glass pearls dutch blue ribbon

And unlike the original Margarita necklaces, which featured 10mm Swarovski crystal pearls, the new range of necklaces contain either smaller glass pearls, shell-shaped baroque glass pearls or semi-precious stones (such as chrysoprase and onyx).

chrysoprase margarita necklace semiprecious stone lilac ribbon

For those of you who love the design style but are looking for a less "girly" look, I will still be creating the original style of necklace which does not have the ribbon bow.  And should you have a specific colour combination in mind, I am more than happy to take custom orders!

onyx margarita necklace black eggplant purple rayon ribbon feminine chunky

3 comments:

  1. I still think the red necklace is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the red one two simple but elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the classic elegance of these necklaces! Your color choices are so pretty. Thanks for sharing your link on the DIY Weddings blog at Craft Gossip!

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!