Sunday 14 March 2010

10 Facts About Me

I have enjoyed reading facts about people on their blogs so I thought I would join in the fun!  Admittedly, some of you may know some of these facts but I'm fairly sure most people don't know all of them.

1. I am a Christian and I attend Donvale Presbyterian (which is in Melbourne, obviously).
2. I have a PhD in Pathology but am really a geneticist or molecular biologist (maybe I should say "was" since I no longer work in the field).
3. My friends and family often refer to me as a "banana" because I am yellow (Chinese) on the outside and white (Western) on the inside, LOL.
4. My family moved to Australia, from Singapore, when I was 7 years old.
5. I am the biggest scaredy cat around.  ET, The Incredible Hulk and Bambi all made me cry as a child.
6. Related to point 5, I am afraid of heights.  Even sitting on a ferris wheel freaks me out.
7. At 157cm tall, I am no giant. Miss 2 is more than half my height and miss 4 reaches up to my chest; they refer to me as the "little mummy".
8. I love music and used to take piano, flute and singing lessons.  I also took trumpet lessons for a year but that was a complete mistake!
9. My all time favourite book and movie since childhood is CS Lewis's The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
10. My favourite colours are purple and red.

I hope you have found it interesting learning a bit more about me.

8 comments:

  1. Great post,Deb, it's always nice to know about the person behind the art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I still don't like ET, and everyone I know teases me for it! :) So glad I'm not the only one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Deb. Nice to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed getting to know you a little better, Deb. BTW: yellow is my favorite color. If I remember correctly, there is a photo of you on the CAST blog. That would be good to put here.

    We are just beginning the Lords day here on the other side of the globe.

    Blessings...............Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post, Deb! Loved learning more about you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so interesting to learning more about you Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. why would you even sit on a ferris wheel in the first place?? I wouldn't!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb - such a lovely name! I'm a Deb, too. :)

    I'm so glad you are participating in the 10 Things You Should Know About Me Amy Butler giveaway! Aren't those Amy Butler purse patterns delicious? Well, not being edible, they are still divine.

    I love that your friends refer to you as "Banana" because you are yellow on the outside and white on the inside - so fun! My friends often referred to me as "teapot" because I am short and my maiden name was Stout. Are you familiar with the song? "I'm a little teapot short and stout . . . "

    C.S. Lewis is a favorite of mine, too. When I taught 5th/6th grade as a missionary teacher, I had the complete set of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe on CD. As a treat, at the end of the day, I would play them for my students during their handwriting seat work. I still have it on CD, waiting to enjoy it with my own children (all in God's time).

    I moved to Australia after I married my Aussie husband...two days after the wedding to be exact! We married in America, had our wedding night in the USA, then caught a flight to Brisbane the next morning.

    I look forward to our next visit together at Homemaker Honey!

    Happy Homemaking,

    Deborah
    Homemaker Honey
    homemakerhoney.com
    homemakerhoney@gmail.com
    Twiter: Homemaker_Honey

    ReplyDelete

I love finding out what my readers think, so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!